|Posted by xbmchelper on December 12, 2013 at 12:35 AM|
FOLLOW ALONG FOR OUYA ROOT AND ADDING GOOGLE ACCOUNT FOR PLAY STORE
UPDATE DECEMBER 2013
DOWNLOAD THESE UPDATED FILES
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/jl7lid47q8rmj/OUYA%20ROOT%20ACCESS%2011202013 " target="_blank" rel="nofollow"> THEN FOLLOW DIRECTIONS BELOW
0. THIS IS THE DIRECT FILE DOWNLOAD LINK FOR FIREFOX:
2. SUPERUSER IS A MUST FOR GRANTING ROOT ACCESS TO APPS:
3. BUSYBOX ONCE ROOTED:
4. BAXY LAUNCHER FOR OUYA, THIS ALTERNATIVE LAUNCHER IS BEST WHEN USING APPS LIKE ROOT EXPLORER:
5. ROOT EXPLORER IS THE BEST FILE MANAGER ONCE ROOTED:
6. XPOSED INSTALLER:
7.mod COLLECTION FOR XPOSED INSTALLER THIS IS WHERE YOULL FIND THE PROPER DOWNLOAD FOR GOOGLE PLAY STORE
FOLLOW THE STEPS OUTLINED INSIDE THIS APP:
8. XBMC ON OUYA, THE CURRENT VERSION HAS BEEN UPDATED TO NOT WORK WHILE OUYA SORTS OUT LICENSING BULLCRAP HERE THE LAST WORKING
VERSION OF XBMC ON OUYA:
START BY ADDING FIREFOX SO ITS EASIER TO SIDELOAD OTHER APPS FROM THIS POINT.
THEN CLICK ON AND DOWNLOAD 1CLICKROOT APP VIA FIREFOX AND ISNTALL IT
THEN MAKE SURE YOU GOT SUPERUSER AND BUSYBOX APPS AFTER ROOT
THEN ADD FRAMEWORK AND OPEN
BUT YOULL NEED
Easily Root your OUYA with 1 click.
Just Download and install the app and gain root access, unlock the bootloader, and add a custom recovery.
With root access you can customize OUYA for optimized look and feel making it easier to use and look the way you want it to. Now you can also add many other Android apps not available. Add the Google Play Store and use any app like you would on any other Android phone or tablet. Fix any problems with OUYA. Stop waiting for an update for a fix that may never come. With ROOT, OUYA just got a whole lot better!
1. Sideload the apk
2. Click "Start Root"
3. Wait few seconds, done.
4. With root access you can customize OUYA for optimized look and feel making it easier to use and look the way you want it to. Now you can also add many other Android apps not available. Add the Google Play Store and use any app like you would on any other Android phone or tablet. Fix any problems with OUYA. Stop waiting for an update for a fix that may never come. With ROOT, OUYA just got a whole lot better!
4 mod using Xposed framework to preserve su & mods during update. YOU WANT THIS SO YOU CAN ADD GOOGLE PLAY STORE LATER ON…
Some technical details:
You can download the installer from http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk. The attached XposedBridgeApi*.jar is only needed for developers.
An experimental version for Gingerbread made by liudongmiao can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post44034334
(no support from my side though)
How to install:
First step for everything you do: Create a nandroid backup and make sure you know how to restore it!
I'm not responsible for anything you do with your phone/tablet/rice cooker.
There is also the risk to soft-brick your device. In such a case, restoring a backup is the easiest way to get rid of it (other possibilities mentioned below).
For the framework:
1. Download XposedInstaller.apk and install it
2. Launch the Xposed Installer, go to the "Framework" section and click on "Install/Update"
For any modules you want to install:
1. Download .apk and install it
2. Launch the Xposed Installer and go to the "Modules" section (you will also get there if you click on the notification warning you that the module is not enabled yet)
3. Enable the module by checking the checkbox